Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Talk about Tuesday

I was just trying to post a comment on my good friend's blog and ended up joining her Talk about Tuesday project by accident so in case anyone links over from that, I thought I'd better at least acknowledge it.

Let's see.... a new project or habit?

My goal for this week is to teach the kids how to mop the floor on their hands and knees and then dry it with their feet. They'll each get their own section with their own rag, spray bottle and drying towel. The dishes are done and the counters are clean and wiped and the family room is vacuumed and clutter mostly put away, so the prospect of this happening tomorrow look good!!

Work is good and I am very grateful for friends like Lazy and websites and books like www.flylady.net who have taught me how to clean and how to teach my children to clean in formal settings. I'm also grateful for the good examples I've had from many of my friends in informal settings. Having grown up with a maid and a very clean, love to clean mother, cleaning up after myself and teaching my children how to clean up after themselves has been a huge struggle for me!! But I think we're getting it, one baby step at a time!!

2 comments:

Lara said...

I'm terrible with floors! Among other things but there's no need to mention all my faults in one comment. I had white floors in my last house (idiots!) and they where a nightmare. My wood floors in this house are so dark that I can't see all the dirt and wearing shoes means I can't feel it which makes it even harder to clean up!

Rebecca said...

Wow, hands and knees cleaning...you're getting hard core in it! I should do hands and knees cleaning once a month so the baseboards get more attention but I'd rather just pull out my microfiber mop and do it standing up. I LOVE the idea of having my kids do it though...only a few more years! :D