Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Any ideas on going into labor?

I'm 37 weeks today which is considered full term for twins and they probably weigh more than 7 lbs. each now. I am huge carrying 14 lbs. of baby alone, then add the other 35 lbs. I've gained from the fluids, blood, fat and placentas and you can imagine that I am having a hard time getting around, not to mention all the stares and questions I get about when I'm due. I'm thankful that the babies are looking so healthy and doing well, but I will be very glad to have them out of me and on to the next phase of life. Any ideas on how to naturally speed this process along? I just may have to wait 2 more weeks to be medically induced like I was with all the others. Oh well, I really can't complain.

5 comments:

Jodee said...

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable! I can't imagine. I tried everything with all three of mine, and the only thing that put me into labor (unfortunately 8 weeks early so it had to be stopped) was washing my car by hand inside and out. That's probably not going to be happening anytime soon for you in this weather, so I'm no help.

Kathy said...

You are such a trooper-You can complain all that you like!

Kathy said...

You can complain all that you like!

Mach Momma said...

I have tried about everything with my second baby (who is now 17) jumping off chairs, castor oil, walking. nada.
Go to the health food store and ask. I have used a 5 week formula for the last four ( i have 6 kidlets) Very safe. Extremely easy births Love it Love it Love it. I get mine from midwivesconnection.com in PG, But I have seen similar products in health food stores.
Oh and don't forget to pray. earnestly.

Handsfullmom said...

I remember those days! I was so sure the babies would be born at least a few weeks early that the last few weeks were just miserable! I was finally induced at 38 weeks.

Aren't you glad it's over? ;)