Friday, April 2, 2010

Math/Homeschool Update

My almost 11 yr. old passed the Singapore Math 4B test with a 94% after taking it 4 times. She kept missing different answers, they were mostly silly mistakes adding wrong etc., but I finally went over the whole test with her and just kept making her take it again until she got it right. She has already finished her 5A workbook and will finish corrections and take the test this coming week. Her 9 year old sister has also finished 4B and had to take the test twice to pass, but I don't remember what she got. So I think that 4th level just has a lot of new concepts that are tough. We'll see how the rest of the levels go, it only goes to 6B and then they'll start Algebra. I'm really proud of them for working so hard because it is not always easy. My 7 year old boy just finished 2A and passed his test on the first try. I'm a much better teacher after going through the books with their older siblings. Poor oldest child-- such a guinea pig, but still better off than I was, I think and hope!!

They do get tired of all the stuff they have to do, but don't we all? It's just part of life. I didn't make them do anything extra today because I was tired too. I was considering taking a spring break, but I think we'll wait and take one when their daddy can join us and we can do something fun. I have started to do more of our enrichment activities and it is fun and rewarding, but time consuming. It's nice to get back to normal!!

2 comments:

Naimah said...

Well done to your daughter for scoring such a high mark, seems like they're all doing really well :)

Celee said...

Thanks for the info on Singapore math. I think my oldest is ready for Algebra anyway so we may just go on with him, but I think we'll transition the girls and use Singapore from now on. Also, those are the cutest babies ever, well except for mine:)