I have definitely had some yucky things to deal with this week. First I had to deal with a breast infection which I never had with any of the other 5 kids. I think it is because nursing twins it is just about impossible to wean them gradually. I had flu like symptons for an evening, but I took a bunch of herbs and a long hot bath and although I was still sore I didn't feel sick anymore. But I did sleep in for a couple days so the house has gotten out of control. My husband took us all out to eat, that helped a little. Tomorrow is Saturday so hopefully we can get caught up and on a good cleaning schedule.
The gross thing was of course the evening I had the flu like symptoms, my husband was gone on church business and we heard the babies crying ready to get up from their late nap. My oldest daughter offered to go get them. She was soon screaming for me. I ran in to find her holding both babies and one of them was covered in poop. I saw that there was an open diaper in his crib and so I started to clean him (#7) first. He had poop in both fists and down his leg and on his clothes. I was very surprised to find that his diaper was in tact. Upon further inspection I found some little bits of poop in #6's crib and a big pile in #7's crib right next to #6's crib. The diaper itself was farther away from #6's crib. #6 was pretty clean although diaperless.
Somehow #7 pulled #6's poopy diaper through the bars of both cribs into his own and curious boy that he is-- examined it thoroughly I think. They both got baths, clean diapers, clean clothes and clean sheets. I know I've cleaned up pretty gross stuff other times, but I don't think I have recorded it. I know these days will end, and I want to have good stories to tell my teenagers and grown children about how much I must have loved them. I think this is a pretty good one-- but I think they'd still know I love them without it.
So-- don't be lazy like I was and leave those onesies unsnapped!! Snap those onesies. It took a while to clean up that mess!!
No comments:
Post a Comment