I read this chapter yesterday morning and got nothing out of it-- as I slammed the book shut, I remembered our Relief Society lesson and how important it is to meditate and listen for answers as we read, so this morning I decided to pay attention and look at these beautiful gems I found!!!!
7- Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart I have written my law, fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings.
12-- I am he; yea, I am he that comforteth you. Behold, who art thou, that thou shouldst be afraid of man, who shall die, and of the son man, who shall be made like unto grass?
22- Thus saith thy Lord, the Lord and thy God pleadeth the cause of his people; behold I have taken out of thine hand the cup of trembling, the dregs of the cup of my fury; thou shalt no more drink it again.
I just need to do what I know is right regardless of how strange I may seem and what other people think. It is what the Lord thinks of me that I need to worry about. Man really can do nothing-- only the Lord!
1 comment:
I totally agree. Sometimes it's hard, but we just need to do it anyways. I was reading to my children about the pilgrims this morning; I didn't realize how few of them there were (about 100) who moved from England to Holland and then to the Americas- just to escape religious persecution... look at our handcart pioneers and what they were willing to endure to get to Zion. I know all of those women and families felt just as alone as we sometimes do. I value their faith.
Post a Comment