My Thoughts on the Election
As
an independent-- I am glad that Obama won over Romney. I didn't like
either candidate, but I think we will have less wars with Obama than we
would have had with Romney-- that was the main difference for me. I
think Romney lost because he offended a lot of groups of people-- Ron
Paul supporters, the London Olympic committee, Nascar racers, 47% of
Americans who would never vote Republican, and the list goes on. He got
14 million less votes than McCain because of lower voter turnout. The Republican base never really liked him, they just hated Obama more. That was especially true for the South. It is amazing that that was the best the Republican party could do. The Primary race was full of lousy candidates-- and they thought Ron Paul was crazy! He was the best chance against Obama. I'm
glad we have a Republican house to keep President Obama at bay.
Although I disagree with Obama's ideology-- he seems like a "nice" guy
and says nice things and acted with class throughout the election as far
as I could see.
3 comments:
You're Mormon, why were you not fasting for Romney? Just kidding. I wanted Ron Paul too. I wish our citizens weren't blinded by the media and knew what RP stoop for.
You thought Obama acted with class? Except for a few keynote addresses, the Democratic National Convention focused on gay marriage and access to contraception. He ran an ad that said, "Vote like your lady parts depend on it," and another ad that said, "A girl's first time should be with a man she trusts who will help her get the contraceptives she needs"--the first time she votes, of course. I voted for Obama the first time and thought he was a decent guy, but by the end of this recent campaign, I thought he couldn't go any lower in his politicking.
Sorry-- I just checked my blog-- this is old news now isn't it! I still think Obama seems like a decent guy-- I never saw those ads.
Post a Comment