Monday, June 23, 2014

Health Update

I have been healing a ton. I hardly have any anxiety going to church at all anymore. I am at peace. Even when people say stupid things, it doesn't bother me. It's actually kind of weird. But I have set my boundaries and my priorities and I know that I will not give in to what others tell me I should do unless I feel it is the right thing for me to do. I am totally fine saying no, but it has been nice to not have to say no much here because the people have been so good. My kids are all doing well and are making friends. I am making friends. So we are in a much healthier environment full of support and love and it has made a huge impact on my health. I feel tons better. I have even started running again and my belly fat is going down. I adjusted the self talk I was doing and adjusted my attitude towards my body also. Anytime I thought about how ugly I am or how this stubborn fat is just hanging there, I would say to my self: I am beautiful, I am healthy, I am loved. When we were on one of our trips I noticed a woman jogger who was obviously fit but had a bit of skin hanging out of her tank top in back at the top, and I remembered how when I was a teen and on the cross country team how I still would find some fat to make my body imperfect and I thought to myself, where does this end? There will always be some imperfection in my body as there are in all mortal bodies unless you are a movie star or Olympic athlete and workout 8 hrs/day. So I started that self talk of loving my body and thanking my body for the many good things it does for me all the time even the belly fat that supported 7 pregnancies including twins and made it possible for me to have my 8 children. My body is healthy, it is good enough and I love it truly. I feel tons better. I still eat tons of salad and a green smoothie everyday. I am also slowly adding more regular foods to my diet and paying attention to how they affect me. It is a much healthier way of living and eating.

No comments: