Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Return of the Native by Thomas Hardy

I didn't read this book because I was trying to finish the Iliad and the Communist Manifesto for my other book club and because I was kind of tired of 19th century England classics especially Portrait of a Lady that was sooooooo long. But it turned out to be a favorite that the ladies couldn't put down!!! It is on librivox.org, so I will download it when I need a little less heavy sort of a book, but I just downloaded War and Peace from audible.com and finished the first 2 chapters. It is already interesting. I'm excited to hear how these people dealt with all the wars going on around them. Has anything really changed? I will let you know!! It is about 30 hrs. long. We'll take a couple months to get through this one!!

No comments: