These are some household tips that may seem like common sense, but I have not realized the importance of them and the huge benefit they bring for the same amount of effort done ahead of the curve instead of behind it. Here they are:
Tip #1 -- Keep up on the laundry. When a load is done, fold it and put it away or have your kids do it, but keep up. I have been doing well at it for about 2 months now and it is amazing how much smoother the household runs. It's the same amount of work without the enormous pile of clean or dirty clothes blocking the pathway everyday and the house just seems more orderly. I know some of you already knew this tip, but have patience with those of us who have had to learn it the hard way!!
Tip #2 -- Start making dinner at 4 p.m. so that your family sits down and eats by 5 or 6. I get interrupted a ton when I'm making dinner so it usually takes me twice as long to actually get it on the table. Because everybody is fed no later than 6:30, they are not too grumpy to help with the dishes and cleaning the kitchen afterwards. The after dinner kitchen help goes a long way in runnning a well-kept house. Then I can spend my time on the deeper cleaning organizing chores and the kids start to form good habits of cleaning up after themselves right away, which I am still trying to develop in myself today! Definitely have the dishwasher loaded before you go to bed. A clean kitchen makes for a smoother morning.
1 comment:
It sounds like you are doing good! I haven't gotten the dinner thing down yet because we are always at the gym in the evening.
Post a Comment