Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year Everybody!!

What are some of your New Year's Resolutions?

One of mine was to work out a new school schedule which we will start on Monday. I hope it works out.

I also want to focus on teaching my kids to help more with meal preparation and clean-up. They are good at cleaning their rooms, that only took a couple years, so now it is time to go to the next level.

Also, I would like to say that you are probably doing better than you think you are. I was feeling incredibly overwhelmed and stressed by the time New Year's Eve came around that I just had to lay down on my bed in the dark, and I didn't want to do anything else. My husband came in and I started telling him that I felt stressed, and he was so good-- this is a great lesson for any husband-- he told me he didn't know why I was stressed and then he named 3 things that I have been doing well with and that I have been getting good results with. I knew he was right. I realized that I was focusing on what I need to do instead of being grateful for what I have done.

When I realized that I was not a complete failure and that I have been good at some things, I felt way better. I jumped up and told the kids we would have a little party after all. I found some old unused party favors and told them that for our party they could pick a prize for every job they did. Soon they were asking me what job they could do next. It was so awesome!! I have never had that experience before. We got a good amount of cleaning done. The house looked respectable for being home to 5 little kids and messy parents. We then had our little party and went to bed. I think that was one of the nicest New year's I've had, and I didn't even stay up until midnight!!

1 comment:

Handsfullmom said...

Ah -- what a great husband! My husband's advice tends to be of the more unhelpful "just deal with it" variety, so I have to give myself my own pep talks.