Pondering a passage of scripture can be a key to unlock revelation and the guidance and inspiration of the Holy Ghost. Scriptures can calm an agitated soul, giving peace, hope, and a restoration of confidence in one’s ability to overcome the challenges of life. They have potent power to heal emotional challenges when there is faith in the Savior. They can accelerate physical healing.
Richard G Scott October 2011 conference
I love the scriptures and I love this quote. I have found it to be true in my own life. I think when we have emotional challenges- heartache, fear, sadness, depression-- the scriptures can lift us and remind us that the Lord loves us and is watching over us and things will be O.K. even though we can't see how. This lifts our spirits and encourages us to reach outside of ourselves which in turn helps us put our own feelings in perspective. The scriptures have been my guiding light throughout my life- that where I turn for peace, solace and understanding. I like the idea of that they can accelerate physical healing. I believe it, because when we are happy we are less likely to get sick and more likely to get better. Reading the scriptures makes us happy and encourages us to do more things that make us happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment