What little bits of conference I caught today amidst our weekly 5 soccer games and playing catch up in the kitchen and making lunch and helping kids with math, was all very good. But Elder Neil L Andersen's talk made me cry. He talked about how we should not delay having a family and we shouldn't limit the size of our families and of course how it is a personal decision and we shouldn't judge each other, it is very personal. He also talked about how we need to support families and help each other and love each other in this endeavor and how children are precious gifts.
Having a large family is hard. The prevailing attitude I see from so many people in and out of the church is that it is too hard to be worthwhile, and they wonder why anybody would want to subject themselves to that endeavor. There is little time for anything besides just taking care of the immediate needs of these little people in a large family. It is nice when I am around people who appreciate what I'm doing and support me rather than mock me or subtly make things more unpleasant or difficult than necessary. A smile of support is really all I need, and it was very nice to have a vote of confidence thrown my way from the top leadership of the church. It was nice to hear some words of support, and confirmation that there is a good reason for subjecting myself to so many dependent little children. Thank you, Elder Andersen.
1 comment:
big families are the best! I'm with you! and with Elder Andersen!
Post a Comment