Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Is Ron Paul a Legitimate Candidate?

This is a comment I left in response to this blog post :http://toddnjenifermoss.blogspot.com/2012/01/politics-by-me.html

Being a long time Ron Paul fan -- I had a sign and bumper sticker for him in 2008-- this shed a little light for me on Republicans general refusal to consider him as a legitimate candidate. I don't think it has to do with logic and seriously considering the issues, I think it has more to do with being afraid to do something out of the ordinary. All the other candidates will give us more of the same-- keep the status quo.

Personally I'd like to see real change. I'd like to see a balanced budget and significant cuts in spending. I'd like to see us get out of these far away wars. He's the only veteran up there by the way, and he has the most money donated by military people. He wins the majority of voters in the 18-30 age group which I think gives the country as a whole hope for the future once the baby boomers get out of the way. It's time for a real change. People tend to like his consistent domestic policy-- if he's so smart that way-- can he really be so wrong on his foreign policy? And if you are voting by nice families and character -- he's got it. He doesn't flip flop at all. You know where he stands and he's done so 30 years. People are finally starting to listen.

Ron Paul is a legitimate choice and probably the only one with a real chance of beating Obama. Realistically though, I'll take Obama over the other Republican candidates because he'll be watched by Republicans. George W. Bush passed more liberal laws and did more damage to the constitution than any Democrat president could have done.

So there you go-- my little vent. To each his own!! We can still be friends!

No comments: