I have had to redo a lot of my stand by menus because my family is just plain tired of the same meals all the time. My 3 main requirements for meals have been that they are healthy, easy and cheap. Because I have some picky eaters and we have eaten fairly healthy for the past couple years, I have learned that there is value in the food also tasting good-- so that has been my main task lately to make the food taste good and to find things that everybody likes.
First I knew that I absolutely needed to find a good bread recipe. I have found 2 that I like and that are very healthy with my pioneer natural yeast so that we have good cheap bread available to eat most the time.
Today we had cafe rio type of taco salad. The chipotle salad dressing is quite good.
Yesterday we had potato salad and pasta salad and crepes. The crepe recipe with the pioneer yeast is awesome.
Other things we had-- split pea soup, enchilada casserole, salmon,
Plans for this week-- ratatouille, burritos, italian potatoes, bruschetta and hummus, sandwiches
Now I need to figure out meals- especially since the kids have practices pretty much everyday during my normal prep time and I have a nursing baby-- so I really need to know ahead of time what we'll be eating so that I can have it ready in a timely manner which doesn't happen very often. It is also helpful to record what recipes everybody liked.
No comments:
Post a Comment