Saturday, July 6, 2013

Getting Healthy #2

I went in for my second colonic on Tuesday. The first week went well, but I really should have gone in right after, my colon therapist was right about needing to go every week til my bowel is more healthy, so the second week didn't go as well, I didn't feel as good, I had some visual flashes and some headaches, I hardly exercised because I didn't feel good and I didn't drink enough water and I ate too much regular food. So sure enough by the time I went in, I had developed a block, it took some soaking and little time to get past it, but once we did, my colon happily released a ton of stuff, it felt so much better, Vicki also told me that I needed to drink more water and eat more of the mature kale instead of just the baby salad kale to get enough good fiber to help scrub things out. I was able to held the water for 50 seconds which is pretty good and it looks like we got to about halfway of my colon being cleared and now that June is over, that's where my focus will be and I will go in every week til my bowels can do more on their own. it is much easier and effective to do her full on cleanse, but I can't do that while nursing, but this is a very good alternative. I had finally lost about 5 lbs. before my colonic, but gained it back that second week. Now yesterday I weighed and I'm down 6 lbs. overall. I'm feeling good again, definitely lighter, it is so nice and so worth it. And since I've been through this before, I know it works well for me and I know how to prepare all the different foods and dressings so it's not too bad, I'm making healthier tasty meals for the fam too. Definitely progress! I really hate being fat, so that aspect will be nice too. Yay!

No comments: