To Doron means the gift in Greek. I picked it because I figured the name would be available and I am learning Koine Greek with my kids. This blog contains information on things I have learned or found interesting or useful. Included are the following subjects: Classics, Great Books of the Western World, Homeschooling, Healthy Habits, Housekeeping, Religion and Economics.
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Kidisms
#6 was scared of the fireworks, he actually went to sleep curled up not looking. He is good at getting what he wants, he will ask me, can I have a frozen fruit? And then he will smile at me til I say yes. He has learned to put his own shoes on and he can buckle himself in the car. He was having a lot of pee accidents but he got in trouble an his daddy gave him a talking to and now he's fine. The same thing happened with #5 when he was potty training, dad had to give him a talk and then he would go in the potty. When I say yes to something, both the twins will say yay! And run or skip away to do or get whatever I said yes to. #6 also told my husband that he needs a haircut, my husband has been bugging me about giving all the boys haircuts, so I guess we will do it tomorrow, I'm getting pretty good at it.
#7 got a burn from touching his sparkler last night, fortunately it was very small and he went to bed with an ice cube on it. He will want to do something or wear something or whatever and I will explain why not and what to do or wear instead and he will say oh yeah, and do it. Last night he wanted to sleep in the bunk bed, he slept there for awhile and then I decided to have him and his twin sleep on their crib mattresses for beds so that we don't have to buy another bunk bed yet, and #3 &5 always sleep on the floor anyway, but this way those 3 boys each have a twin bed if they want to use it and the twins sleep on their mattresses, so anyway, I told him that he needed to sleep in the little bed because he's little, that he and #6 should sleep in the little beds, and he said oh yeah, and was fine. So cute. The twins also wanted me to read a little book to them instead of just the chapter book, so I did. To get my attention he will say mom, mom, mommy, mom, mom, mommy over and over again, I will be right in the middle of cutting something or talking to one of the older kids or whatever, it is extremely annoying. I got mad at him and couple times and told him not to do that, he might not have done it at all yesterday, I will take note, he is learning to wait and take his turn, hard lesson.
So tonight for beds, as usual #3 slept on the floor, he says he doesn't like his bed. #5 used to always sleep in his bed, but stopped because the light burned out and he wanted to be closer to the hall light so he started sleeping on the floor too, now the light is fixed, and I think # 3&4 slept on the floor, #5 slept in the bottom bunk, I had originally given him that bed, but he never slept in it, so I let #7 sleep there and then #5 wanted it again, but I wouldn't let him, but I think we are situated now. I do not understand why nobody wants the top bunk! They have finally been able to clean their room by themselves, they shove everything in their closet, I finally got enough stuff out of there that they can do it, they think I don't notice, we'll clean out their closets again sometime, I'm just glad to have a nice big clear floor in there now.
We went to the park today with our homeschool friends, it was the best time I have had at the park in a very long time-- like since before the twins were born. Every child had someone to play with and was happy, I could see everyone from where we were chatting and they were all wonderful and there was a nice breeze blowing. The twins even went off and played on their own and found some friends, one was a little girl who helped #7 put his shoe on backwards. It was cute and it was so nice for me. My life is finally getting to a manageable state where I am still not keeping up with everything, but I am not drowning anymore, it is really nice, I'm starting to feel like a regular person again. The twins being potty trained is probably the biggest reason for that, I used to spend probably 2 hours a day changing their diapers. They are also becoming more independent and that is freeing me up too, most of my time went to filling the needs of one and then filling the need of the other and then back and forth again and again. So now as they are growing up, my duties are being eased doubly, so not only was the work for them doubly and more intense because it was so constant, it is now easing up doubly,very interesting to experience.
The baby is super busy and has loved to put things in his mouth from the time he was old enough to do so. He loves the dirtiest things he can find, the vacuum, the broom, the dog food, etc. yesterday my husband watched him lock the dustpan, and I found him going for the dog poop outside. He is keeping us on our toes, but he is of course super cute and he is the first one to like his dad at that age, which is nice too. He was not scared of the fireworks either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment